Why all these dots instead of the spaces that were there & ¶ marks when I Reply to or Forward an email in my new Outlook in Office 2019 Pro+?

Anonymous
2025-05-09T01:51:07+00:00

This is crazy and surely there's an easy Settings fix. I've been using Outlook on my Windows PC since the early '90s. Just finally upgraded to Outlook in Office 2019 Pro+ from Outlook 2016. What the heck is Outlook doing by putting dots instead of all the spaces on emails as I'm Replying to them? More importantly, how do I stop it from this madness?

Here's an example:

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T01:19:53+00:00

    Thanks Hornblower. My iPhone and my home PC , both using EDGE, go to this when I click that link and I've never found my way in on anything there.

    Here's what I just found using my iPhone for the first time at that link:

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T00:22:19+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments