switch back to classic outlook

Anonymous
2025-02-07T23:23:30+00:00

switch back to classic outlook

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-25T17:20:44+00:00

    How/Where did you go to download the classic version? I can't find it anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T01:41:55+00:00

    I have come to the conclusion that Microsoft has no intention of letting us go back to the classicOutlook. Every time I click on the button, it takes me back in the same freaking circle. They only want you to use the new Outlook, which has features I can’t live with. The only option is to use another email program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T21:45:20+00:00

    I just got a new laptop and the toggle is there, but the old" Outlook isn't there. I was able to switch back with my old laptop but not the new one. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-13T18:55:42+00:00

    Same for me. This item does not exist in my registry.

    When I open outlook, it freezes and less than a minute later closes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T08:11:31+00:00

    Hello Steven Macklin,

    Thank you for the reply,

    You can verify if there is any entry for UseNewOutlook set it to 0

    1. Launch classic Outlook from the Windows Start Menu (look for the icon without the "New" tag).
    2. Open the Registry Editor by typing "Registry Editor" in the Start Menu search and selecting the app.
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferences.
    4. Double-click on "UseNewOutlook" and set the Value Data field to 0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments