Vertical scroll bar keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2025-05-24T23:57:43+00:00

The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d

I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T14:24:33+00:00

    I have this exact problem and do not see ads.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T15:11:23+00:00

    I dont know why this issue is being blamed on users or their hardware. It is not. It is something the microsoft did sometime in May, and it's been creating havoc for users using numerous devices and software. I have not heard of one person getting rid of the problem, or any that don't have it. Just wish microsoft could firgure it out. Who has time to sit all day and go over a millions resolutions when you know you didn't do it. This is what forces folks to leave or drop products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T20:12:18+00:00

    Same problem here, and I'm also without ads (educational institution email system). I also have the problem when opening an email (sporadic) and when returning to the Inbox from an email (if the ribbon was visible on the page where the email is open).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T04:18:14+00:00

    Woo hoo!!! I don't know what they did, but I did nothing and it is working again. The ribbon is not disappearing when scrolling through mail. I hope it is well for all who had this issue. Someone figured it out and I commend them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T10:41:39+00:00

    Nope. Mine is still exactly the same

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments