Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
You can add 1 more to that list. This just started and it's very frustrating.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d
I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You can add 1 more to that list. This just started and it's very frustrating.
One more to add. Seems like it started the last week of May. Very annoying and not efficient for the end user.
I have the same problem.
It appears microsoft is obvious or does not understand the problem and trys to say it is designed that way. It is not. Well, that design has not been "working" since I used outlook. Then mid may started working? No, that does not compute. What is the benefit if your trying to clean your inbox and mark 10 emails and NOT have a ribbon (menu)? Now you have to scroll to top of the page to get the ribbon back. It moves out of sight when you scroll through your emails.. This started mid May. Was there an update? And it appears to be all laptops and computers. I don't know about phones. Many, many folks are complaining about this. Has anyone at microsoft support figured out who created this mess? Or just pretending it didn't happen and we are all delusional? Who knows, just wish someone at microsoft would take it serious and fix it.
Add me to the 14 or 15 others complaining about this exact problem. Lots of complaints, few replies. One early reply attributed the behavior to the size of an ad. I don't have any ads.
Please fix this!!