Vertical scroll bar keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2025-05-24T23:57:43+00:00

The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d

I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T13:42:16+00:00

    I find the far right scrolling bar to be a nuisance and don't see the value in it. It is annoying. I cannot see any reason I would use it. I don't want the task bar at the top to disappear when it scrolls down without any prompting by me. The small scrolling bar in the messages window is sufficient for me.

    Please make it an option to remove it or disable the far right scrolling bar. That would be great. Again, I see no value in that bar being there.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-01T13:25:58+00:00

    Same here. I started having this issue quite a while ago however it was very random and not very often.

    Refreshing the page would fix the issue when it happened.

    This definitely was not always like this.

    Outlook mail just seems to keep getting worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-01T14:55:03+00:00

    Same here. I started having this issue quite a while ago however it was very random and not very often.

    Refreshing the page would fix the issue when it happened.

    This definitely was not always like this.

    Outlook mail just seems to keep getting worse.

    JP 64- you reminded me that I also used to have this problem randomly and refreshing the page would sort it out as you mentioned. Then it started happening constantly (original post).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-01T14:58:27+00:00

    I'll report this to the product team but I have no idea if they will fix it. If its a new issue, it may be fixed but I don't know if it's always worked like this. (My screens are more than large enough for the ads, and my regular account has a subscription, so no ads in it.)

    Diane- at least 14 other people are reporting the same problem. How do we get this escalated?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T12:49:10+00:00

    It has not always been this way. Read the complaints. It is new, and it has become a problem for navigating emails, rather cleaning your inbox. When you scroll down and want to clear 5 messages, there is no ribbon, you have to scroll back up to delete them.

    It is a new issue. Most complaints here at the same timing. About a week ago now.

    I have not heard anyone say they have solved this problem. Has anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments