Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Glad to know it isn't just me. My scroll bar drops in outlook when I make any pick of inbox, junk, etc. Annoying, but am dealing with it. Please somebody out there"FIX THIS"!!!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d
I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Glad to know it isn't just me. My scroll bar drops in outlook when I make any pick of inbox, junk, etc. Annoying, but am dealing with it. Please somebody out there"FIX THIS"!!!!
I'm having the same issue and it only started today. Yesterday it was working fine. I did all the suggestions (clearing cache, etc.) and have been through every setting to see if I could find something that would fix it. Nothing does. It's really annoying and it's definitely not the way Outlook online has always worked. This is the first time I've had this issue and I've always used Outline online since its creation.
This is most definitely a BUG that needs to be fixed.
Hello I am having a similar problem as the other 2 people and it only started happening a few days ago. The far right scroll bar automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page whenever I open up a folder. It even happens when I open up the Junk folder and the Drafts folder with absolutely no e-mails in those folders. As you can appreciate it is very annoying not seeing the ribbon and having to scroll back up each time.
Please add me to the list as I use https://outlook.office.com/mail/ for now 3 or 4 business emails and each account on several different laptops are doing the same thing on either Edge or Chrome.
It was fine a week ago but now I cant ever see the ribbon above when I log in or visit various emails unless I scroll back up with my mouse. I have no issues with any other site and as Stephen did above, cleared out my cache, browser history, cookies, etc as well as ran my McAfee scan to make sure there wasnt a virus and was all clear.
Thanks for the screenshot. I was looking at the message list scrollbar, not the one on the far right.
I see what you mean, the ad's size causes the page to scroll down, which hides the ribbon. It only does that if the browser window is not tall enough for the ad. Then the browser scrolls down to load the ad. It also scrolls if you scroll the message list.
If the Browser is at least 810 pixels tall (with favorites, address bar, and title bar showing) and the Outlook page at least 700 pixels tall, it doesnt scroll when you change folders. The ads are 600 pixels tall.
I'll report this to the product team but I have no idea if they will fix it. If its a new issue, it may be fixed but I don't know if it's always worked like this. (My screens are more than large enough for the ads, and my regular account has a subscription, so no ads in it.)