Vertical scroll bar keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2025-05-24T23:57:43+00:00

The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d

I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T14:00:25+00:00

    It appears microsoft is obvious or does not understand the problem and trys to say it is designed that way. It is not. Well, that design has not been "working" since I used outlook. Then mid may started working? No, that does not compute. What is the benefit if your trying to clean your inbox and mark 10 emails and NOT have a ribbon (menu)? Now you have to scroll to top of the page to get the ribbon back. It moves out of sight when you scroll through your emails.. This started mid May. Was there an update? And it appears to be all laptops and computers. I don't know about phones. Many, many folks are complaining about this. Has anyone at microsoft support figured out who created this mess? Or just pretending it didn't happen and we are all delusional? Who knows, just wish someone at microsoft would take it serious and fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-09T21:32:29+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-07T14:37:23+00:00

    One more to add. Seems like it started the last week of May. Very annoying and not efficient for the end user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T20:08:18+00:00

    You can add 1 more to that list. This just started and it's very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T12:49:10+00:00

    It has not always been this way. Read the complaints. It is new, and it has become a problem for navigating emails, rather cleaning your inbox. When you scroll down and want to clear 5 messages, there is no ribbon, you have to scroll back up to delete them.

    It is a new issue. Most complaints here at the same timing. About a week ago now.

    I have not heard anyone say they have solved this problem. Has anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments