Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Because Microsoft has disabled passwords instead opting for a biometrics approach to secure online accounts.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does my Outlook email keep asking for a password, and then not accept it. This started today with a pop up window, and now after several restarts and password entries my Outlook will not open at all, so I cannot copy and paste the error message. Something seems to have changed since earlier in the day. I am using Outlook (not new, in Microsoft 365).
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Because Microsoft has disabled passwords instead opting for a biometrics approach to secure online accounts.
We have a variety of versions of Outlook that are in use with Exchange Server 2019. All have same issue. Everything is on premise. No online accounts
I've opened a support ticket on this. I'll post results.
I need help with the password issues
I know that other users in this thread are not using Hotmail/Outlook.com accounts... but holy cow, this is exactly what I needed to fix my Outlook 365 not allowing me to log in to my passwordless account! Not even the Microsoft Level 2 tech support that I dealt with in Quick Assist knew to do that! Thank you so much!
In my case, I noticed that a clean install on another computer did not have this value at all, yet on my computer with the issue, it existed with a value of "0", so changing it to "1" fixed it.
I am using an ISP server, gvtc, for my email. I also had a very recent issue based on a background update that will not let Outlook accept my email password.
This is a personal account through Microsoft 365 (current update), running New Outlook, IMAP.
It had been working fine. I have verified the password is correct and is still be accepted via webmail and the mobile version of Outlook.
My registry does not show an AutoDiscover path.
What would be next?