Outlook email keeps prompting for a password, and then not accept it. Blocked out of emails.

Anonymous
2025-01-23T06:50:57+00:00

Why does my Outlook email keep asking for a password, and then not accept it. This started today with a pop up window, and now after several restarts and password entries my Outlook will not open at all, so I cannot copy and paste the error message. Something seems to have changed since earlier in the day. I am using Outlook (not new, in Microsoft 365).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T23:13:37+00:00

    I am having a similar issue outlook classic not accepting email and password using pop.gmail. This is happening with 3 of our computers all os a sudden on the same day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T19:31:31+00:00

    Again, for you and anyone else thinking about replying to that comment, you might want to create a new thread and ask that question again, as that support specialist was asking the original poster for that information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T18:34:47+00:00
    1. .msn
    2. Personal use
    3. Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2503 Build 16.0.18623.20178) 32-bit
    4. I don't know the POP or IMAP configuration

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T22:47:09+00:00

    Have you tried looking for the "EnableADAL" value at the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity in the registry editor? If it exists, you should set its data to "1".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T22:28:09+00:00

    Why does my Outlook email keep asking for a password, and then not accept it. This started 3 weeks ago with a pop up window, and now after several restarts and password entries my Outlook will not open at all, so I cannot copy and paste the error message. in the day. I am using Outlook (not new, in 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments