Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
If you are locked out of one of your accounts, have you tried logging in to account.microsoft.com with it?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does my Outlook email keep asking for a password, and then not accept it. This started today with a pop up window, and now after several restarts and password entries my Outlook will not open at all, so I cannot copy and paste the error message. Something seems to have changed since earlier in the day. I am using Outlook (not new, in Microsoft 365).
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If you are locked out of one of your accounts, have you tried logging in to account.microsoft.com with it?
You only need to change it to "1" if it exists (and if your problem was the same as mine because one of your accounts uses the newer Office login methods). If it does not, which to my understanding should not, you should not need to add it.
Make sure the Identity key is selected on the left column of Registry Editor. Next, in the Right column, right-click and hover on New, then click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
"EnableADAL" does not exist in my registry.
What now?
I do not have an option or anything that says "EnableADAL"
My location is:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity
Then I have these registry items:
(Default)
Canary
ConnectedAccountCID
ConnectedOneAuthAccountid
SignedOutOneAuthMigrationComplete
TrustedSiteUrlForUserAgentVersionInfo
Version
Then I have five subfolders in the Identity folder, and 19 sub-subfolders in the five subfolders. None are named anything close to "EnableADAL"
Again, I have been away from this PC for many months. How on earth is MicroSoft not better-managing this problem that seems to be affecting EVERYONE who uses Outlook with multiple emails?
BOOOOOOOOOOO.