I think my Microsoft account has been hacked.

Reported
Anonymous
2025-01-01T08:06:06+00:00

I think my Microsoft account has been hacked.My Microsoft account email and password have changed. What do I do?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T12:34:23+00:00

    There are too many attempts at signing in to my account. How do I block them from further attempts

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T19:21:03+00:00

    Kent Haylock Jr wrote:

    I keep getting this email from Microsoft but dont understand why cause im not requesting for any code. I tried changing my password on both my gmail and hotmail accounts but i still get the email. Im feel like someone is trying to get in cause i get a new email about every hour
    https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg------------------------------------------
    Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***,

    We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.

    Your single-use code is: XXXXXX

    Only enter this code on an official website or app. Don't share it with anyone. We'll never ask for it outside an official platform.

    Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team
    Privacy Statement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052


    Anyone who knows the address (but not the password) can try to login to your account. These login attempts are very common.

    Check the recent sign-in activity for your Microsoft account (See if there have been any successful logins) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/check-the-recent-sign-in-activity-for-your-microsoft-account-5b3cfb8e-70b3-2bd6-9a56-a50177863357

    Verify that you are using a very strong password and/or are using two step verification.

    How secure is my password

    https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/

    How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-use-two-step-verification-with-your-microsoft-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4 

    How to keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-help-keep-your-microsoft-account-safe-and-secure-628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9

    If there are enough of these login attempts that you really want to prevent them, this article tells how to do that. https://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/keeping-hackers-microsoft-accounts/ 

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  5. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T19:07:46+00:00

    Andrew Hunt1 wrote:

    I have tried everything but because I have two stage authentication and the back up email address and telephone number have been deleted or changed I cannot reset my password. Help

    Sorry but there is no way for you to recover this account. This is the relevant article, but in that article is the note that you cannot use the Recoery Form if Two Step Veification is/was being used.

    Help with the Microsoft account recovery form https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form-b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

    Don

    0 comments No comments