How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-01T22:38:43+00:00

    Microsoft,

    Why can't you just fix things you screw up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T03:32:02+00:00

    Same issue. how to turn this warning off please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T09:45:34+00:00

    I own my Mailbox not Microsoft. So far this warning has caught lots of legitimate emails that I actually want and the square root of zero spam of phishing emails. Microsoft, please provide the ability to turn this annoying and - so far - utterly useless feature off!

    In the meantime I'm investigating other email clients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T12:33:53+00:00

    There must be a work around for this or an easier way. I have added the contact and I have tried to do the "Safe Contact" procedure I found to get rid of this, problem is that the tabs it tells me to click on do not exist.

    This is causing issues. When I forward this email, the attachments are not being forwarded. This means that I have to download any attachment and then create a new email to forward information to people in my company.

    I do not have time for this frustration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T19:33:12+00:00

    Adding my two cents:

    Many organizations use a third party email firewall in front of their M365 tenant in place of Microsoft's built in email protection. There should absolutely be an option to turn off the unverified sender warning for end-users for organizations that are architected this way (and even those that don't and are willing to accept the risk).

    The only mail we consistently see flagged as unverified is from Microsoft themselves (MSSecurity-noreply and yammer notifications). The messages are not DKIM-signed, and thus rely entirely on SPF which breaks when an another email hop such as a mail firewall or routing server are added before the recipient mailbox. Because Microsoft's DMARC policy is set to reject, this causes their messages to show up with the unverified sender warning. We know the messages are legitimate, but it is difficult to explain to end users that it is a false positive after how much work we have put into training them to not ignore warning signs. Not being able to turn off the unverified sender warning is hurting us much more than it is helping, which is frustrating considering how much work we put into validating email authenticity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments