How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T10:04:41+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    I have worked out the solution for adding a sender to a "Safe Sender" list when you are using the email server and not the app.

    This will prevent a sender being flagged as "Unverified" whenever you get sent an email from them.

    1. Open up the server using your browser and find the "settings" icon in the top right corner.
    2. Under settings select page select "junk email".
    3. Under junk email scroll down to "Safe senders and domains".
    4. Under Safe senders and domains add your safe sender or domain name and press "Ok" to save the address.

    I cannot vouch for this method in the app as I do not use it, but definitely works when using a browser.

    Please comment below if you find this works or not.

    Thanks

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T23:25:52+00:00

    This is a MICROSOFT issue.... It's just visual noise and so-far not fixable. What I mean by fixing this is not getting these messages from the Microsoft platform. It needs to be something I can disable/disallow. I will continue to trust what I've been doing for years. I cannot go around asking all my clients and trusted partners to start investigating or changing how they do email, ESPECIALLY since I have been working with them for years in many cases.

    So, if Microsoft is inclined to keep this function (it is NOT a feature because it adds non-positive energy and experience to the process), they MUST allow users to block the experience without blocking the emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T13:24:15+00:00

    I'm going with the option of using another email client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T18:12:05+00:00

    Bottom line, as always, Outlook sucks! Microsoft sucks, forcing their **** on everyone. The amount of SPAM I get in my Outlook inbox is astronomical! In comparison, gmail is paltry, and manageable. We should be able to turn the "unverified feature" off completely or, verify the email address from our inbox. I call BS Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T08:51:02+00:00

    Now I am recieving the unverified sender message on my own verified domain - first time today. SO what has changed??

    The email client sending out is Microsoft. Domain is verified and set up correctly in MS Exchange. Yet still is marked as unverified by Microsofts' own rules on it's own exchange server.

    How do I get around this one, Microsoft?

    Trying really, really hard to follow all the rules yet still being penalised.

    Great..

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments