How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:32:59+00:00

    What you're describing is not related to the Unverified issue the person who created this post was talking about.
    If you have an IT department, you may want to contact them.
    Otherwise, you should probably create a separate post to see if anyone can shed light on what you're talking about.

    I'm not aware of anything that would require forwarding of email to only forward emails from your safe senders.

    I'd see if your IT department has implemented some sort of new policy that is causing this restriction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:50:28+00:00

    I don't think the issue you're describing is the same. The person who created this post is having issues with an Unverified warning message showing on potentially spoofed emails, not an issue seeing emails on their desktop vs their mobile device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:51:43+00:00

    Please see my detailed response to the poster. The MSFT person did get a bit too technical in their response - but the Unverified warning is their to protect people from potentially spoofed email from malicious actors. The SENDER needs to correct the issue, not the recipient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:14:50+00:00

    No! The sender is not at fault, nor is the recipient. This is a feature, that Microsoft created and forced on paying customers without giving those customers the ability to mitigate the damage caused by the feature. When I look at my junk folder 95% of the emails, including the obvious scam messages DO NOT have the unverified label. Yet some of the messages that are completely legitimate from businesses that I chose to work with do have the unverified label. All we are asking for is the ability to manually clear the unverified label from specific messages. It should not be up to me, the customer of Microsoft, to contact a third party and ask them to have their IT department do something that I neither fully understand nor care about. Microsoft is selling an email management tool to me they did not sell it to the sender of the emails I receive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:27:32+00:00

    Completely Agree! Microsoft added a feature that we, the paying customers, should be able to turn on or off. It should NOT be our responsibility to call all our clients or 3rd part to fix their email; this is Microsoft's responsibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments