How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:50:28+00:00

    I don't think the issue you're describing is the same. The person who created this post is having issues with an Unverified warning message showing on potentially spoofed emails, not an issue seeing emails on their desktop vs their mobile device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:32:59+00:00

    What you're describing is not related to the Unverified issue the person who created this post was talking about.
    If you have an IT department, you may want to contact them.
    Otherwise, you should probably create a separate post to see if anyone can shed light on what you're talking about.

    I'm not aware of anything that would require forwarding of email to only forward emails from your safe senders.

    I'd see if your IT department has implemented some sort of new policy that is causing this restriction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:29:40+00:00

    Just wanted to share some context of the issue you're seeing. See this article: Improvements to tackle spam in Outlook (microsoft365.com)
    A couple months ago, "improvements" were added to help protect recipients of email messages.

    The "Unverified" warning is listed towards the bottom.

    The only way to "fix" or prevent this warning from being shown to a recipient is for the SENDER to take the appropriate actions to properly sign their outgoing emails with the necessary email protections that show the email is from a legitimate & authorized email sender.

    Malicious email senders often "spoof" emails so that they appear to come from within your company or a company/business or sender that you know/trust. Checks are made against the emails to ensure these emails are truly from who they say they are. If those protections are not validated during the checks, then you get the warning message. That's a good thing.

    If you work at a company with an IT department, and the messages are coming from a system or application that belongs to you or you are partnered with, then your IT staff should be able to implement the necessary email security protections so that they pass the checks.

    If the emails are coming from somewhere completely outside your company, then reach out to the sender & let them know they need to properly setup their emails so that they pass the checks.

    Of course, the other option is that these are truly not coming from where they say they are & you should heed the warning being presented to you!
    Email security mechanisms such as SPF and DKIM are not new. All senders & mail administrators should be utilizing these, especially if they're performing authorized email spoofing (ie, the message says its coming from your company, but, its actually coming from a 3rd party's email system instead).

    Just an FYI - I'm just an IT guy myself and don't work for Microsoft. I will NOT be following replies to this message. I just wanted to try to clarify what it is that is occurring w/the Unverified warning message that started appearing recently.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T00:26:26+00:00

    I, too, am having difficulty with the Unverified email. It seems like it's fairly new (maybe a month or so). I do not have an IT guy fix it for me. Do you have any suggestions?

    Dave

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T11:04:41+00:00

    The automatic forwarding of most emails stopped working in July. Unless an email is in the safe sender list it is often not being forwarded. The point of forwarding is to read email somewhere else. This new behavior would require each user to read all emails in outlook and add thousands of senders to the safe sender list. This is not a realistic solution, since most of the users have never logged into outlook. Using an input rule instead of "enabling forwarding" does not seem to help.

    1. Is there any way to turn off this filtering?
    2. Would the same problem happen using pop/imap?
    3. Is there any bulk way to redirect the emails that did not get forwarded?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments