How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T23:25:52+00:00

    This is a MICROSOFT issue.... It's just visual noise and so-far not fixable. What I mean by fixing this is not getting these messages from the Microsoft platform. It needs to be something I can disable/disallow. I will continue to trust what I've been doing for years. I cannot go around asking all my clients and trusted partners to start investigating or changing how they do email, ESPECIALLY since I have been working with them for years in many cases.

    So, if Microsoft is inclined to keep this function (it is NOT a feature because it adds non-positive energy and experience to the process), they MUST allow users to block the experience without blocking the emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T10:04:41+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    I have worked out the solution for adding a sender to a "Safe Sender" list when you are using the email server and not the app.

    This will prevent a sender being flagged as "Unverified" whenever you get sent an email from them.

    1. Open up the server using your browser and find the "settings" icon in the top right corner.
    2. Under settings select page select "junk email".
    3. Under junk email scroll down to "Safe senders and domains".
    4. Under Safe senders and domains add your safe sender or domain name and press "Ok" to save the address.

    I cannot vouch for this method in the app as I do not use it, but definitely works when using a browser.

    Please comment below if you find this works or not.

    Thanks

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:27:32+00:00

    Completely Agree! Microsoft added a feature that we, the paying customers, should be able to turn on or off. It should NOT be our responsibility to call all our clients or 3rd part to fix their email; this is Microsoft's responsibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:14:50+00:00

    No! The sender is not at fault, nor is the recipient. This is a feature, that Microsoft created and forced on paying customers without giving those customers the ability to mitigate the damage caused by the feature. When I look at my junk folder 95% of the emails, including the obvious scam messages DO NOT have the unverified label. Yet some of the messages that are completely legitimate from businesses that I chose to work with do have the unverified label. All we are asking for is the ability to manually clear the unverified label from specific messages. It should not be up to me, the customer of Microsoft, to contact a third party and ask them to have their IT department do something that I neither fully understand nor care about. Microsoft is selling an email management tool to me they did not sell it to the sender of the emails I receive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T15:51:43+00:00

    Please see my detailed response to the poster. The MSFT person did get a bit too technical in their response - but the Unverified warning is their to protect people from potentially spoofed email from malicious actors. The SENDER needs to correct the issue, not the recipient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments