How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T16:29:29+00:00

    Well put!!!!

    Moreover, the images they post look like something from the 90s.

    My interface 100% of time does NOT resemble these images in any way shape or fashion. My original question was for Outlook for Mac. I see images of a desktop version which is not on Mac any longer.

    THEN, you have to research somewhere else snd still are not satisfied because, me as well, have added certain email addresses to my super friendly, fantastic, niceness "safe senders list" WHICH DID SQUAT!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T12:11:13+00:00

    Thanks, Peter. Did this and it doesn't fix the issue for me on the Browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T09:06:03+00:00

    So the email is from a Canadian Bank, I've confirmed it via talking to my contact at the bank and I have no way to override the feature or do anything with the email but print it or delete it. There are no attachments in the email, no spelling errors etc. This feature is the absolute worst feature ever. It's not saving a person from ****. It's just causing a major headache for something that should have been very simple. Fine with it saying unverified, but at least allow the account owner the option to do something with the email other than delete it.

    This is yet another instance of Microsoft ignoring the wishes of its paying customers and doing what it pleases. The E.U. has fined Microsoft many billions of Euros for such practices but it has not learned its lesson. It is a shame to see such a great company making such serious mistakes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T02:21:38+00:00

    So the email is from a Canadian Bank, I've confirmed it via talking to my contact at the bank and I have no way to override the feature or do anything with the email but print it or delete it. There are no attachments in the email, no spelling errors etc. This feature is the absolute worst feature ever. It's not saving a person from ****. It's just causing a major headache for something that should have been very simple. Fine with it saying unverified, but at least allow the account owner the option to do something with the email other than delete it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T21:42:36+00:00

    The above message is unhelpful. Most of us are are not members of any IT organization and do not have an IT Administrator. We are individual Outlook users. The Unverified block on legitimate senders is a pain in the tailpipe. The user must be given the option of turning off the Unverified flag and marking the message as legitimate, so he can download it to his e-mail client. This is a very serious issue that requires immediate attention from the Outlook developers. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments