How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T20:58:16+00:00

    O Brave New World where children hand down their computers to their parents. You seem to be drowning in Apples. I tried an iPhone once and was less than happy with it (and with Apple) but anything one does to teach Microsoft a lesson is welcome. I have just written to the European Data Protection Supervisor about a case of privacy violation and identity theft by Microsoft, which is intercepting my spam reporting messages and sending me fake replies. The European Commission has fined Microsoft billions of dollars yet it has not yet learned its lesson and remains as arrogant as ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T19:29:06+00:00

    Haha thanks. Yes, I've been an M365 Business Standard user for years as well and always Microsoft stuff. But in light of the nonsense around Win10 in Oct and Recall etc. PLUS needing a new iPad type thing for digital music, I figured, time to leave.

    Also, my Surface Pro 5 while amazing is the one with Win 10 so, unfortunately this will become a Linux Distro server......of some sort. I got my new state of the art iPad and my son's hand-me-down Mac Mini M1.

    I have plans for going with a Mav Mini M4 Pro. Within a month I prefer MacOS over Windows easily and I was a staunch supporter. Farrrr too much rhetoric and lip service. Power Platform you need to have a degree in software engineering to actually do what you want it to do while AirTable does everything.

    Cheers

    CW

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T19:03:09+00:00

    You are a 1000% correct. The fact that it'd been going on for years supports that fact.

    However, I'm in the process of moving away from anything microsoft anyways AND hopefully many others will do the same. Then it'll be their loss and then won't be so smug.

    I wouldn’t set my hopes too high on that either if I were you. In early 2025 Microsoft had 345 million paying seats for MS 365. That is a gigantic figure. You are courageous in moving away from Microsoft. Most of us are so used to Microsoft Windows, Office etc. that we don’t contemplate the alternatives, as well we might. Good luck to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T18:40:45+00:00

    You are a 1000% correct. The fact that it'd been going on for years supports that fact.

    However, I'm in the process of moving away from anything microsoft anyways AND hopefully many others will do the same. Then it'll be their loss and then won't be so smug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T16:57:26+00:00

    Well put!!!!

    Moreover, the images they post look like something from the 90s.

    My interface 100% of time does NOT resemble these images in any way shape or fashion. My original question was for Outlook for Mac. I see images of a desktop version which is not on Mac any longer.

    THEN, you have to research somewhere else snd still are not satisfied because, me as well, have added certain email addresses to my super friendly, fantastic, niceness "safe senders list" WHICH DID SQUAT!!!!!!!!

    I feel for you, My M365, but I would not expect Microsoft to do what you want if I were you. Microsoft does only what it deems good for itself, not what is good for you. It is way too big, rich, and powerful for its own good, and certainly for yours. So expect to get stuck with “unverified” messages in your Junk Email box that you cannot move to your inbox and have to delete for good. I wish it were otherwise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments