How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T19:50:00+00:00

    Exactly. Ive been going through that same nonsense for years then finally decided, f this. I switched over to Mac.

    Enough. Time for them to grow up.

    How do you screw up a simple thing like email??????? It's not as though it's rocket science or we just recently learned how to program. For Pete's sake!! Stop f'ing around with things. Make one robust program that fully works. The ONLY closest thing to a program actually working is PowerPoint and/or Excel.

    Everything else, EVERYTHING else has flaws, incomplete processes and functionality that are standard, everyday, normal and expected functionality. Nope, we have to f around just for the sake of it.

    Now watch. Listen to all the ones in love with Microsoft, Microsoft lovers that are cognitively dissonant to these facts and try and provide reasons, which by this time in the game are nothing more than excuses.

    Anyways, get off Microsoft stuff if you can. They've had more than ample time to fix a simple matter of email

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T19:26:17+00:00

    Wow! The first time I tried the new Outlook, I switched back because it lacked the essential option of saving an email as MSG. Back then, I thought it was so stupid for MS not to add that option, and there were thousands of users complaining about it, receiving the same ridiculous cookie-cutter answer from foreign reps in these forums. I decided to try it again, and I was glad to see the "Save as" option available, until I discovered yet another annoying "feature" that is impossible to remove.

    It is time for me to go back to the regular Outlook again and forget about this trash for another two or three years to see if it gets fixed or replaced with another stupidity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T22:49:49+00:00

    Good for you!!! [insert clapping image]

    It's also why I'm moving everything off Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive for my Canadian Sync.com where your data is never shared with anyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T20:58:16+00:00

    O Brave New World where children hand down their computers to their parents. You seem to be drowning in Apples. I tried an iPhone once and was less than happy with it (and with Apple) but anything one does to teach Microsoft a lesson is welcome. I have just written to the European Data Protection Supervisor about a case of privacy violation and identity theft by Microsoft, which is intercepting my spam reporting messages and sending me fake replies. The European Commission has fined Microsoft billions of dollars yet it has not yet learned its lesson and remains as arrogant as ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-03T19:29:06+00:00

    Haha thanks. Yes, I've been an M365 Business Standard user for years as well and always Microsoft stuff. But in light of the nonsense around Win10 in Oct and Recall etc. PLUS needing a new iPad type thing for digital music, I figured, time to leave.

    Also, my Surface Pro 5 while amazing is the one with Win 10 so, unfortunately this will become a Linux Distro server......of some sort. I got my new state of the art iPad and my son's hand-me-down Mac Mini M1.

    I have plans for going with a Mav Mini M4 Pro. Within a month I prefer MacOS over Windows easily and I was a staunch supporter. Farrrr too much rhetoric and lip service. Power Platform you need to have a degree in software engineering to actually do what you want it to do while AirTable does everything.

    Cheers

    CW

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments