How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T21:42:36+00:00

    The above message is unhelpful. Most of us are are not members of any IT organization and do not have an IT Administrator. We are individual Outlook users. The Unverified block on legitimate senders is a pain in the tailpipe. The user must be given the option of turning off the Unverified flag and marking the message as legitimate, so he can download it to his e-mail client. This is a very serious issue that requires immediate attention from the Outlook developers. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T09:45:34+00:00

    I own my Mailbox not Microsoft. So far this warning has caught lots of legitimate emails that I actually want and the square root of zero spam of phishing emails. Microsoft, please provide the ability to turn this annoying and - so far - utterly useless feature off!

    In the meantime I'm investigating other email clients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T00:26:26+00:00

    I, too, am having difficulty with the Unverified email. It seems like it's fairly new (maybe a month or so). I do not have an IT guy fix it for me. Do you have any suggestions?

    Dave

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T12:33:53+00:00

    There must be a work around for this or an easier way. I have added the contact and I have tried to do the "Safe Contact" procedure I found to get rid of this, problem is that the tabs it tells me to click on do not exist.

    This is causing issues. When I forward this email, the attachments are not being forwarded. This means that I have to download any attachment and then create a new email to forward information to people in my company.

    I do not have time for this frustration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T08:51:02+00:00

    Now I am recieving the unverified sender message on my own verified domain - first time today. SO what has changed??

    The email client sending out is Microsoft. Domain is verified and set up correctly in MS Exchange. Yet still is marked as unverified by Microsofts' own rules on it's own exchange server.

    How do I get around this one, Microsoft?

    Trying really, really hard to follow all the rules yet still being penalised.

    Great..

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments