How to Turn OFF 'Unverified Sender' Block on individual emails - or fully!!

Anonymous
2024-07-11T15:31:44+00:00

I need to read the emails that are sent to me from genuine companies, but I am unable to view them because of the Unverified Sender block that is now placed on all emails that don't comply to new Microsoft policies.

I get that spam needs controlling - but I also need to see my genuine mails.

I need to know how to turn this block off at individual email level - adding to safe sender list does nothing.

Currently the only way I have to read an email that microsoft blocks is to send it to gmail.

Should not really have to do that!!

Please advise!

Thank you

Lisa

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T02:17:19+00:00

    Can I interject? The highly complicated, truly non user friendly technical options that you suggest make zero sense. With all due respect. As a small business owner, I neither have the time or patience to navigate a digital rabbit hole. The logical, simple and human option would be to simply have an option "this is not junk" or "this is verified" or "this is safe" etc. etc. ad nauseum. Even placing the sender in the Contacts and Safe sender list DOES NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE. Therefore the "Safe sender" list is utterly useless.

    Please do not force us to swallow the "Blue pill." Escalate this to the Developing team and have them resolve the issue, yesterday. So those of us that pay the bills can work in peace. Thank you kindly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T13:46:56+00:00

    Thank you - but I do not have the time to start a full investigation or get a tech team involved. I just want to see my emails!

    The biggest issue is that not all emails have the option to trust the sender. Why is that???

    I get the spam issue and support anything that helps control spam, but if you flag a warning the sender may be unverified, then at LEAST give us the option in all cases to decide if the sender is trustable or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:14:50+00:00

    No! The sender is not at fault, nor is the recipient. This is a feature, that Microsoft created and forced on paying customers without giving those customers the ability to mitigate the damage caused by the feature. When I look at my junk folder 95% of the emails, including the obvious scam messages DO NOT have the unverified label. Yet some of the messages that are completely legitimate from businesses that I chose to work with do have the unverified label. All we are asking for is the ability to manually clear the unverified label from specific messages. It should not be up to me, the customer of Microsoft, to contact a third party and ask them to have their IT department do something that I neither fully understand nor care about. Microsoft is selling an email management tool to me they did not sell it to the sender of the emails I receive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T11:57:58+00:00

    I have this very issue.

    Your points do not work when using a hotmail.com / outlook.com email address.

    How do I contact my IT Administrator? (YOU!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T22:27:32+00:00

    Completely Agree! Microsoft added a feature that we, the paying customers, should be able to turn on or off. It should NOT be our responsibility to call all our clients or 3rd part to fix their email; this is Microsoft's responsibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments