New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails.

Anonymous
2024-07-08T15:34:52+00:00

New Outlook doesn't show notifications when I get new emails. It stopped working either yesterday or today.

Notifications are turned on in Outlook and Windows.

Focus is off, battery saver is off.

Windows is updated.

Things I have tried:

Restart the computer.

Turn notifications off and on again.

Remove the email account and add it again.

Go back to Windows email (notifications work) and then back to New Outlook (stops working)

( Screenshots of settings in Swedish )

https://ibb.co/tcrNthT

https://ibb.co/XSyFP0Q

https://ibb.co/NSrxCXV

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-07-12T21:43:51+00:00

The only semi-solution I found was to close new Outlook. Then the banner actually shoes up when you get new emails, but without a sound. Make sure to have "Send notifications when Outlook is closed" in notification settings in outlook.

It works with hotmail for me at least, I guess it's better than nothing.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T14:09:59+00:00

    I am also having the same problem from Windows 11 and not getting notifications with New Outlook. I've taken all the recommended steps already

    • Turned off battery saving
    • Turned off Focus Assist
    • Enabled Notifications for Outlook New
    • Restarted the computer
    • Removed the mail account from Outlook New and re-added
    • Repaired Outlook New from Programs and Features

    This is a bug in Outlook New and needs to be fixed by Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T19:01:50+00:00

    This has started happening to me as well; I'll happen to glance down at the taskbar and see I have new mail but no notification ever appeared. All settings are set properly and nothing has been changed; it just stopped working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T20:17:44+00:00

    It's for sure bugged.

    It's not rocket science to set up the notifications for new emails.

    They just don't work for some people.

    I had to uninstall New Outlook and go back to Windows mail.

    Works like a charm until they fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T17:14:41+00:00

    I am having the same exact issue, as well. Yesterday Windows offered a suggestion to suppress Outlook (New) notifications, since I hadn't engaged with them, and I believe I accidentally clicked yes or confirm. However, all of my settings are correct both in Windows 11 and the new Outlooks settings.

    Calendar event notifications work just fine. I am able to receive pop-up "toasts" notifications as well as them showing up in the "Notifcations/Action Center" in the bottom right of the Windows 11 task bar. Reactions to email also show a notification. However new emails do not show up. I get the envelope icon on the new Outlook taskbar icon, but no "toast" pop-ups or emails added to the Windows 11 notifications/action center.

    Is this a bug in the program? I have tried repairing and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Nothing seems to resolve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments