Record the screen and screenshot no longer possible in the Outlook app after app update version 4.2445.1

Anonymous
2024-11-22T10:39:21+00:00

Unfortunately, since the update it is no longer possible to take a screenshot or screen record in the Outlook app. The photo or video remains black. IOS is at version 18.1.1.

I have found that this problem is not due to IOS, but rather occurs after updating the Outlook app.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-31T10:56:51+00:00

    InTune policies may be a contributing factor, but our organization has not engaged/deployed InTune. :-(

    Agree with Evan Liu that this seemed to become an issue after an update was applied. Possibly explains why some experience the issue, and other don't, depending upon their update level, iOS version, etc?

    Yet again, a simple (but much needed) feature rendered inoperable for no apparent reasoning? It seems apparent that Microsoft development has their collective heads firmly inserted into their rectums.

    They just don't get it... I'm shocked, but I'm not surprised. :-/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T18:03:53+00:00

    Thought I would chime in on this one and will provide you as much info as possible.

    Running iOS V 18.2.1

    iPhone 15

    M365 business account on my personal iPhone (also have personal M365 account too)

    Blank screenshots on Outlook (business) emails + pdfs/xls/doc/ppt (does not occur on my personal account)

    I work from home with my company provided equipment but my mobile is with me as I am moving room to room. I was always able to screenshot and use them as a reference to conversations. Are you saying this is an update done through MSFT? In speaking with other employees, they do not have this issue. Maybe there is a setting that occurred by default during an update that I am not aware of.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T04:30:00+00:00

    Some of user report they updated version 4.2447.1 . then user can not screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T17:44:29+00:00

    The policy is applying on the app level not your account. If you have a corporate account and personal account in the same Outlook app, policies will apply from the corp account vs. personal. That's just the way the policies work. It's for data protection for the organization.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T17:36:40+00:00

    This is the reason. IT will have to Check Intune> Apps>App protection policies>find your iOS/iPad OS policy> click properties> and see if "send org data to other apps" under Data Protection says anything other than "All Apps" if it does this is why.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments