Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
This worked!!! Thank you for the reply and helping me try something new.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the new Outlook, when a user sends an email, it will go to the Outbox and stay there, but it still gets sent to the end user. I checked the original Outlook to see if it's in the outbox there, and it's not, nor is it anywhere else, it just seems to be the new Outlook. If I delete the email, it comes back within 5 seconds and it's started doing it sporadically for other emails. None of the emails that are doing it share anything in common, some have attachments, some do not, some are sent to multiple people, some are not. I can see no issues in the health centre either so I'm scratching my head a bit on this one.
Things I have done so far:
Opened/closed Outlook
Restarted PC
Ran Windows and Office Updates
Reinstalled Office
Tried a new mail profile
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked!!! Thank you for the reply and helping me try something new.
This might work, I started playing with folder Permissions, which you can access from the three dots on the right hand side of Outbox folder.
This might not work if you have policies set by your employer or IT team, however if you show them the problem they can help you to make it work.
You don't click on the message, just the three dots for now.
The default permissions I have were None to everything in the Permissions for the Outbox Folder dialogue box.
I took a screen shot to remember what the Default settings were.
I changed to enable Folder Owner under the Delete Access group i.e. click the check box for Folder Owner.
Then I exited the Permissions dialogue box and deleted the stuck message successfully.
I think it might be best to reset the Permissions for Outbox back to None or whatever your Default was to start with because I don't know what other impacts this will have.
Best of luck.
Peter, I was so hopeful that your solution would work for me too after reading this. Alas, I cannot even move the stuck messages from my outbox. It will not let me click and drag the stuck messages from my outbox to any folder.
Is there something I'm overlooking on how to get them into the deleted folder? This bug is so annoying! Thanks to you and the community!
Just to post an update-
We opened a ticket with our Microsoft vendor and they said that Microsoft is aware of this issue on the new Outlook client. We were told that we needed to wait for Microsoft to provide a fix or to switch back to the classic Outlook client.
If you can't switch to the classic client, you can also use the web version of Outlook, as this is not an issue there.
Same issue for me and these suggestions did not work. Additionally tried going back to original outlook instead of the new one to see if I can delete there but they are not in drafts or outbox on that version.