Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to add my Gmail account to Outlook I get "We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP/IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."
The new Outlook works fine, as does regular Outlook on my other computer. Something wrong on this one.
James Smith
Arlington, TX
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
Gabriel, that did the trick. I was able to add the account. Hopefully I am not premature but it seems to be working. I am going through everything now.
Thank you.
Thanks for sharing the update, Daryl. I am drafting a Known Issue article and will get it posted today with some cleaner steps.
@James, if your Gmail account is still not working can you please try the steps I drafted for the Known Issue article and let me know if you see any issues with the steps, Add a Gmail account. I shared in a Word Document in that folder. If any feedback, please let me know.
I think I might have found the simplest way to mitigate the issue. Keep in mind that the root cause is because this checkbox in the image below was missed.
Workaround: Go to the Google sign in page from this URL and sign in again making sure to check that box below: Sign in - Google Accounts. The issue should be resolved in a minute or so after Outlook picks up the change.
When I do this, the browser ends up at localhost:8011 and "This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect."