Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to add my Gmail account to Outlook I get "We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP/IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."
The new Outlook works fine, as does regular Outlook on my other computer. Something wrong on this one.
James Smith
Arlington, TX
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
Gabriel, thank you for the replies. I opened an elevated command prompt and ran the officec2client.exe program as instructed. The program ran but at the end it threw the following error, I had to reinstall office. I tried a second time and it threw the same error and I had to reinstall office. Basically I cannot down grade.
I tried to add the gmail account again, the problem persists.
I noticed an option to install 32bit version and was wondering if the problem is in the 64bit build only.
Thanks again.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Okay this did not work either.
I can try to do this but I'm going to need verbatim what to enter. Tried copy and paste and it threw an error.