Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to add my Gmail account to Outlook I get "We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP/IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."
The new Outlook works fine, as does regular Outlook on my other computer. Something wrong on this one.
James Smith
Arlington, TX
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
I can't agree more
In Step 1 of the workaround remove Microsoft apps and services. For me this is the URL to that page, https://myaccount.google.com/data-and-privacy?gar=WzEyMF0&hl=en&utm_source=OGB&utm_medium=act
Its a busy page so look for heading Data from apps and services you use.
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
Sadly, this doesn't work. I've followed the steps in the initial help article and now there is no Microsoft listed in the Gmail Sign-in accounts to check that box for.
And I still get the same error message. Can you provide any further assistance? I think I may need to abandon Outlook entirely if it cannot provide this basic feature.
The only issue we know is a problem right now is the one in this article, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Try the workarounds in this article.
If you still cannot get the one Gmail account to connect in the current classic Outlook profile try creating another Outlook profile, Create an Outlook profile - Microsoft Support. You can keep the old profile and switch between them if needed. Hold down the Shift key when starting Outlook to pick the profile to open.