Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to add my Gmail account to Outlook I get "We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP/IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."
The new Outlook works fine, as does regular Outlook on my other computer. Something wrong on this one.
James Smith
Arlington, TX
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi all,
Here is the official guidance and workaround, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support. Please let me know if any issues or questions.
@Gabriel Bratton - I get the same issue as Clayton when I try this (and I was so hoping it would work!). I am able to go to my Google account using the link you provided and turn ON the toggle (which *was* turned off) but, when I click Continue, it takes me to http://localhost:8011/?code=4/0AVG7fiRr-KrQLc-NdaZRtBgjg46sFZOW5fyuj9s-dEBrXF5Oecw2db_3ZEbZobQXX9X-aw&scope=email%20profile%20https://mail.google.com/%20openid%20https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile%20https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email&authuser=0&prompt=consent
Do you get the same error in the article, Unable to add a Gmail account to classic Outlook - Microsoft Support? If so you should do the steps again carefully. If its a different error can you post a screen shot of it or write out the error message?
Are you adding the account to Outlook or is it an account in the Outlook profile already? If it's already in the profile click File, Account Settings, Account Settings, under Type is it POP or IMAP?
Sadly doesn't work still