Unable to add Gmail to Outlook (Classic)

Anonymous
2024-09-26T15:49:59+00:00

When I try to add my Gmail account to Outlook I get "We couldn't log on to the incoming (POP/IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again."

The new Outlook works fine, as does regular Outlook on my other computer. Something wrong on this one.

James Smith

Arlington, TX

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T00:14:08+00:00

    Gabriel, thank you for the additional info. Things are working great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T22:53:10+00:00

    Ok, just to double check, did you get to the Google sign in page or did it not come up at all? I am trying to find the shortest steps to mitigate the issue. I have manual steps about ready to publish but was hoping this might work. I will share the article with the manual steps tomorrow. Sorry this is such a difficult issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T22:41:43+00:00

    Sadly, all I do is go in circles with suggestions from Microsoft's bot. Clicking on Help and Contact Support doesn't really contact support. It scrapes microsoft.com for suggestions as to what my problem and solution might be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T22:30:16+00:00

    I did the same thing. Wiped the entire computer still no luck. I started by uninstalling office completely, but it was getting something from somewhere because when I went to add email addresses to Outlook they were prepopulated in the email address field.

    My next attempt will be to load an older office 2021 install, add the accounts, and upgrade to 365 from there. But this whole thing is a nightmare.

    It makes no sense to me that New Outlook, as feature poor and sparse as it is, will allow me to add these account, but Outlook Classic won't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments