LOGIN ERROR : TOO MANY REQUESTS

Reported
Anonymous
2024-08-03T09:56:29+00:00

Query Title: "Login Error: Too Many Requests - Need Assistance"

Query Body: "Hello Microsoft Community,

I am logging in personal account and I'm encountering an issue when trying to log in, and I receive the error message: 'Too Many Requests.' This has been happening consistently, and I'm unsure how to resolve it. I've tried waiting for a while before attempting to log in again, but the problem persists.

Could anyone provide guidance on why this might be happening and how I can fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!"

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-08-03T13:23:31+00:00

Dear Harshal Parikh

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community

Based on your description, I understand that you seem to be being blocked from your account by too frequent login requests, please point out if I am misunderstanding.

This may be due to a network issue at the time the login request is sent, I suggest you try to try logging into your Microsoft account again by switching to a different device and network environment first.

You can try to change the login device (PC/Mobile/Tablet), sometimes some software in the device may be incorrectly identified as a threatening item. After eliminating the problem of the device, you can try to switch the network environment, try to switch the mobile phone hotspot/home WIFI network environment

You can also try switching on or off three-way proxy software (VPN) or switching nodes to force you to use a server in another region to log into your account.

If you are still stuck at the screen with too many login requests, you can also try changing your account password and logging in with the new one. When resetting your password, please make sure that the email address you send it to is a known email address that you have access to, as in your case, it is not impossible to rule out the possibility of a hacker script trying your account password over and over again.

This reply may not directly address your issue, so feel free to let me know how it goes any time by repling below.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Carmid.L-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T22:42:57+00:00

    If you're using a public wifi it could be running a VPN. I have found that when logging in to Microsoft I'm sent to a site called live.com. Once the login is completed I'm returned to the Microsoft site. Also, after I'm logged in I can reconnect the VPN and have no problems navigating through the Microsoft site. So live.com is the problem. It doesn't like VPNs and there may be other things it doesn't like as well.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T21:58:52+00:00

    I don't use VPN but I have been traveling for a few months. Do you think that has something to do with it?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T16:09:52+00:00

    If you're running a VPN then disconnect it and try again. It appears that Microsoft wants to know what your particular IP address is. If you're running a VPN the IP address given is used by everyone else on the VPN as well so Microsoft is seeing a lot of traffic, thus too many requests.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T19:15:29+00:00

    I had the same issue and just discovered that my VPN software was the problem. Once deactivated my VPN app, everything was back to normal and I was able to log in.

    0 comments No comments