Why is Outlook sending meeting updates to all attendees instead of only those added or deleted?

Anonymous
2024-06-12T21:09:15+00:00

Hello,

I am using Outlook client 1.2024.605.100 with M365. I understand that Microsoft has taken away the user option to send updates to all meeting participants or only those added to or deleted from the list instead of letting the organizer make the decision. The problem is that meeting updates ALWAYS go to ALL participants even though I may have added or deleted just one or two people. Server-side logic is only helpful if it actually works, and I see no evidence that this is the case.

Situation: I add or delete one or two people to a meeting MAKING NO OTHER CHANGES to the invitation. Everyone already on the list receives the invitation again.

Sending a meeting update to 40 people who have already responded just because I have added or deleted one person is NOT helpful. I can find no way to control this unwanted behavior. Please explain how to resolve this issue or how Microsoft plans to resolve it. I have submitted feedback previously, but with no apparent result.

Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T02:33:52+00:00

    Thanks Md Ashabul,

    I had the same question, and you have answered it, however not in the way I was hoping. This new behaviour is a nuisance and causes lots of spam mail to lots of people who don't need it. Please use your influence to restore the old, much better behaviour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T16:34:30+00:00

    Does Microsoft have any intention of resolving this issue? I agree with everyone's comments. It is embarrassing to send updates to hundreds of stakeholders for minor revisions. The answer should not be a workaround (using the old version of outlook or Deleting and recreating the meeting invitation) but a solution with the NEW Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T00:03:00+00:00

    I want to concur with everyone else. It is very frustrating for invitees to keep receiving invites when they have already responded. Additionally, it makes you look incompetent

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T13:23:59+00:00

    Yep - I agree - This is really quite silly and does make the user look incredibly incompetent in the way they manage their workflow (in a professional environment). I added one person to a meeting that included 20 people and the invite went out again to everyone even though I'd already dealt with the replies that had declined. We need that option box back as soon as possible!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T18:56:05+00:00

    I concur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments