Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T21:23:33+00:00

    That's a workaround for removing the previous email header info -- which is ok for keeping it clean, but is then missing the header info and the single horizontal line before the old email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T21:40:23+00:00

    As I said - it is a workaround.

    It will at least allow you to use the "reply" button.

    Microsoft still need to fix the underlying issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T22:58:55+00:00

    I just experienced the same issue, i.e. My reply to emails are lined and letters in bold. That was from the most recent update. Would appreciate a fix ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T10:44:50+00:00

    Hi There, I am facing the same weird issue, any resolution so far? I have the latest update for MS Outlook and Mac

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-03T08:30:22+00:00

    I am having the same issue. This is so annoying!!

    I am sending multiple emails a day and the lines make it quite difficult. I had to switch back to Gmail on my browser which I don't prefer. Additionally, some of the recipients told me that the colours and fonts are all over the place even though it looked fine on my side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments