Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T21:19:41+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem when I reply to an email.

    I have tried to delete lines, but they do not disappear. My business recipients who receive my reply are asking if there is something wrong with my Outlook.

    This looks very unprofessional for those of us using Outlook for our companies/businesses.

    get rid of the LINES!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T21:21:43+00:00

    Zachary, yes, that is the problem I am having with these lines.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T21:28:56+00:00

    OMG I am having the same problem it is so annoying and I pay for a subscription for office 365 but of course no response from Micorsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T09:44:21+00:00

    I have the same issue. It's really annoying that I can't use the Outlook app to send a normal looking email since a few weeks ago.

    Any updates on a fix for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T21:42:59+00:00

    I also have the same issue.

    It is not possible to use REPLY to send a nicely formatted email. (my workaround to copy the email and then compose a new email and paste in the original email).

    Please provide fix for this quickly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments