Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T08:29:33+00:00

    Hello Malisha Awunor,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    I understand that you are experiencing an issue when replying to emails in the New Outlook for Mac.

    In fact, when you click reply, a horizontal line does appear to separate your reply from the original email content. Some field headers from the original email, such as sender, recipient, CC, and subject, are displayed in bold text.

    If this is what you are referring to, then it is normal.

    If this is not your issue, I hope you can provide a screenshot so that I can better understand the situation you are encountering.

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any further updates, thanks. 

    Best Regards, 

    Zachary.W - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T16:18:02+00:00

    ImageAttached a screenshot from the desktop app. I am on a Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.6.1 and Outlook version 16.89.2 (24092212) with a non-activated license. On my personal Macbook Pro with an active license I experience the same issue. I don't believe it's consistent, but it does happen frequently

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T01:42:17+00:00

    Was there a fix on this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T15:38:00+00:00

    No, I wouldn't expect anyone to work that fast

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T11:20:48+00:00

    Hi Zachary,

    I'm having the same issue - is this a bug on the latest update or is there a fix please? Currently unable to reply to emails without multiple lines showing up as the screenshot shows from below user...

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments