Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T21:23:33+00:00

    That's a workaround for removing the previous email header info -- which is ok for keeping it clean, but is then missing the header info and the single horizontal line before the old email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T21:11:10+00:00

    Thank you so much! This works perfectly for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T21:02:34+00:00

    I have a workaround.

    In Settings - "Composing" - change the "Attribution of original message" to either "None" or "Customised attribution format:".

    This works well enough for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T13:04:32+00:00

    I have the same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T15:44:21+00:00

    Same issue here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments