Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T10:43:41+00:00

    This is absolutely shocking that Microsoft are not sorting this. What sort of company is this!? Customer service is appalling and the simplest of issues in what is possibly the most important app is not being prioritised.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T16:28:50+00:00

    The problem is really annoying. For me the legacy version solved the problem. But be aware that you have to reconfigure your accounts for this. Probably the legacy version also lacks other functionality that I am not using.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T05:13:17+00:00

    I have the exact same issue. I'm resorting to the work around within Settings/Composing, however, this loses the Subject line. Microsoft, please fix this issue ASAP!

    PS: I do not have the issue with work email that uses Microsoft Exchange Server. The issue is only with my personal (IMAP) email. Unfortunately, the workaround for personal email also impacts work email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T10:12:35+00:00

    Ok - I had the same problem... the easiest solution without need to wait for microsoft is the following. Go to settings, click on composing and change the settings to customised attribution format... this gets rid of the lines and simply puts a single line into the email - its not perfect but its better then the other problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T05:29:44+00:00

    Yep, me too. I'm still waiting on a reply from Microsoft months ago for random font changes. Abysmal customer service.

    I'm guessing still no solution, just tried updating also but if anything made it worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments