Outlook replies have lines and bold text

Anonymous
2024-10-16T10:27:36+00:00

Hello Community, in the outlook app on my Mac when I hit reply I often (but not always) have lines at the top of my email with the text in bold. Almost as though it is stuck on the previous email content. How do I fix this please?

***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T09:24:32+00:00

    Silly me, I forgot about the issues with the new Outlook, installed it, and found the same problem with lines. Then remembered I have to reinstall all my email accounts in Legacy.

    Seemingly, nobody actually uses Outlook for Mac at Microsoft or they would have quickly run into this issue. I have gone back to Apple Mail which I dislike for other reasons.

    It reminds me why I keep a Windows machine running on Legacy. This together with not being able to use Pop3 in Outlook on iPhone which has never been properly sorted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T14:16:34+00:00

    This seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-09T20:41:42+00:00

    Same problem here. It affects only one of the 4 email accounts I have in Outlook;

    It's a gmail account. My other 2 gmail accounts do not have this issue, and my outlook mail doesn't either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T21:09:53+00:00

    Same issue here. Notably, I have 5 separate email accounts that I am using through Outlook desktop. All are IMAP accounts. Only one of the accounts has this issue and it was added recently. The other accounts are more than a year old. With the older accounts this bug does not occur.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T17:13:53+00:00

    How can we REMOVE those lines that automatically show up at the top of a Reply email message? They choose the wrong font style and size and look bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments