Can't save new events neither edit my calendar

Anonymous
2024-11-10T20:31:15+00:00

Hello,

Since last thursday that I can't make any changes in my calendar. It says: "Something went wrong. We couldn't save your calendar event. Waiting a bit might help. Keep your calendar event open to try again later."

This happens in my personal calendar AND in shared calendars.

Type of subscription i'm using: personal

Outlook version: Microsoft Outlook 1.2024.1023.300 (Production)

I'm using the desktop version of Outlook calendar.

I've tried to schedule different events in different calendars at different days and times in the calendar. Since this is happening for 4 days in a row, I've also tried to add new events during these days and the same message appears.

I've tried in different computers and it happens the same. I've also logout and login from the app and the problem remains the same.

What is the problem?

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-11T02:16:26+00:00

Dear FiMel,

Thanks for using Microsoft products and posting in the community. 

I understand that your inability to edit the Outlook program is causing you problems and I understand how you feel.

Recently, many users have reported the same issue. According to their feedback, they are experiencing issues with non-Microsoft email accounts in New Outlook. Some users mentioned that after adding the account again, they were able to add events for a short period of time, but after that the problem persisted.

At present, we have collected and submitted the fixes for these issues.

After testing, we found a temporary solution:

You can **create a mailbox with a Microsoft domain name, then add it in New Outlook and set this Microsoft mailbox as the primary account,**then your non-Microsoft email account will be able to edit events normally.

Or add a three-way mailbox you don't use often to New Outlook and set this mailbox as the primary account.


Note: This third-party mailbox set as the primary account will not be able to edit events properly, but your other mailboxes that are not the primary account will be able to edit events properly.

Set as primary account:

Open New Outlook, Settings - Accounts - Select your Microsoft Mailbox - Manage - Set as Master Account

In the meantime, you can provide feedback on this issue by sending it to the Microsoft Outlook development team:


Open New Outlook, Help - Feedback - Report a Problem

You can mark my reply as “yes” so that more users are aware of the issue, and the more users are concerned about the issue, the more attention the issue will be given.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

I will share any updates with you as progress is made.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Linda.L-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-11-11T22:09:40+00:00

The only way I can enter calendar events is to use my Google Calendar to make the entry. Then it appears in Outlook.

So it would appear that if we only have gmail accounts then New Outlook is view only as far as calendar events are concerned.

Ridiculous.

Was this answer helpful?

8 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T08:56:19+00:00

    Having the same issue, very frustrating, only started in the past couple of days.

    I can add events to my Google calendar on my iPhone, but they do not show in my New Outlook calendar.

    When I try to put an event into my Outlook calendar on my desktop, it says: "Something went wrong. We couldn't save your calendar event. Waiting a bit might help. Keep your calendar event open to try again later."

    There has obviously been some change made that has caused this issue, so surely it should be very simple to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T18:58:06+00:00

    I have the same problem

    I am not going to create bew accounts as peer your suggestion.

    I am going to stop using outlook and oput everything intogoogle calendar

    Much simpler - I hope you find a proper solution as I prefer the outlook app.

    thx

    My account btw are gmail and other proprietary linked to google accounts

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T16:33:44+00:00

    Dear FiMel,

     

    Thanks for using Microsoft products and posting in the community. 

     

    I understand that your inability to edit the Outlook program is causing you problems and I understand how you feel.

     

    Recently, many users have reported the same issue. According to their feedback, they are experiencing issues with non-Microsoft email accounts in New Outlook. Some users mentioned that after adding the account again, they were able to add events for a short period of time, but after that the problem persisted.

     

    At present, we have collected and submitted the fixes for these issues.

    After testing, we found a temporary solution:

     

    You can **create a mailbox with a Microsoft domain name, then add it in New Outlook and set this Microsoft mailbox as the primary account,**then your non-Microsoft email account will be able to edit events normally.

     

    Or add a three-way mailbox you don't use often to New Outlook and set this mailbox as the primary account.


    Note: This third-party mailbox set as the primary account will not be able to edit events properly, but your other mailboxes that are not the primary account will be able to edit events properly.

     

    Set as primary account:

     

    Open New Outlook, Settings - Accounts - Select your Microsoft Mailbox - Manage - Set as Master Account

     

    In the meantime, you can provide feedback on this issue by sending it to the Microsoft Outlook development team:


    Open New Outlook, Help - Feedback - Report a Problem

     

    You can mark my reply as “yes” so that more users are aware of the issue, and the more users are concerned about the issue, the more attention the issue will be given.

     

    Thank you very much for your contribution.

     

    I will share any updates with you as progress is made.

     

    Have a great day.

     

    Best Regards,

    Linda.L-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Hi Linda,

    Thanks for your response. In addition to the problem noted with saving events, new outlook no longer imports .ics files in order to automatically generate an event in the outlook calendar. In old Outlook, after downloading the .ics file containing the event, then clicking on it, the outlook calendar would automatically open, showing all the event details, and you could edit the event, then save it. Now, the calendar opens with the ,ics file showing but greyed out, waiting to be imported. However the "Import" button is also greyed out (a workaround was to use the "attach" button to select the appropriate .ics file, click on it, save it to the calendar, close then open the calendar for a second time, then edit the event if necessary and then save it. Very long winded, but it worked). Now the workaround doesn't work anymore either. Will your temporary solution also fix this too? Regrettably, It seems that we no longer have the option to return to Old outlook, but are now stuck with a new version that is clearly not ready for general roll out.

    Your response would be much appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments