Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-24T10:42:30+00:00

Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again. my Admin pls unlock it my work mail i received important things in mail only

***moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For home / Windows***

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-09-27T09:41:58+00:00

Dear Microsoft account users

Welcome to Microsoft Community. 

We understand that you're having a hard time recovering your Microsoft account as it was locked and have some challenge answering the recovery form. We understand the importance of getting this account back and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please know that the Microsoft account is managed by a full automated server, and no one has manual access to it. All of your security information in the account is managed, stored on the Cloud Server, and managed by the automated server.

Microsoft accounts are usually locked if the account holder has violated our Microsoft Services Agreement. But if you think you haven't had one, you can unlock your Microsoft account by following the steps provided in this Account has been locked - Microsoft Support.

If you still know your account password, but the verification method is no longer valid, then you can enter the password and select I don't have these, so that you can add a new verification method, but this will require you to wait 30 days.

While we understand this 30-day period might be frustrating, this is done to protect and alert you in case the security info was removed by someone who had unauthorized access to your account. 

What does “Security info change is still pending” mean? - Microsoft Support

If that doesn't help, you really need to fill out the form again to help you unlock the account and reset your password. You can follow some helpful tips provided in this Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support on how to fill out the form effectively.

The Microsoft account recovery form is meant to be the last option for you to get back into your account. This form is designed to help users who cannot reset their password or access their account due to a forgotten password, lost phone, or other reasons. The recovery form allows you to prove that you are the owner of your account. Be sure to provide accurate information that you can.

You can fill out the form: Recover your account (live.com)

Of course, you can also try to contact online support.

Please follow the steps below to contact the Microsoft Online Support: 

Contact - Microsoft Support

1. Enter your question to search and Click "Sign in to contact Support" at the bottom of the page. 

2. Log in to another available Micorsoft account. (Personal account only)

  1. Under Products & Services, select "Other Products". 
  2. Under Categories, select "Manage account security", and click Confirm. 
  3. Click "Chat with a support agent in your web browser". 

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Best Regards,

Peter.Y-MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T20:19:21+00:00

    I can not use Account has been locked - Microsoft Support due to verification it ask for because I do not own this phone number 1***5 anymore and this phone is linked to my email I have not had chance to update it

    My Microsoft account email address has been locked. How can I unlock?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T16:52:38+00:00

    Subject: Assistance Needed for Locked Outlook Account

    Dear Outlook Support Team,

    I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding my Outlook account (ha*****@outlook.com), which has recently been locked.

    I was in the process of sending emails to a Chinese professor to inquire about an acceptance letter when I noticed an exclamation mark on my sent emails. The following day, I discovered that my account had been locked, and I am now unable to access it. This situation is quite frustrating, as I am unsure if the professor has responded to my inquiries.

    I have attempted to unlock my account, but unfortunately, I do not receive the verification code required to complete the process. This has made it challenging for me to regain access to my emails and follow up on important communications.

    Could you please assist me in unlocking my account or provide guidance on how to resolve this issue? I appreciate your help in this matter.

    Thank you for your attention.

    Sincerely,
    Harum Nawaz Mohil

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T07:22:24+00:00

    Hi outlook please help me with my outlook account was locked

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T21:11:57+00:00

    i HAVE TRIED COMPLETING THE FORM SEVERAL TIMES-IT JUST WON'T WORK. SOME OF THE INFORMATION I JUST DON'T REMEMBER HOWEVER I CAN GIVE MY DATE OF BIRTH AND MOTHERS MAIDEN NAME. ALSO THIS IS THE ADDRESS THAT i USUALLY ACCESS THE ACCOUNT. I'M FEEL DESPERATE AS I CAN SEE I HAVE 26 EMAILS IN THAT ACCOUNT BUT I CANNOT ACCESS THEM

    0 comments No comments