New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T20:19:45+00:00

    If you are getting the same error after BOTH successfully configuring a new Outlook profile AND not being able to create the profile (when trying the manual setup), it is almost certain that you are starting Outlook using the same profile in both cases which means that the default profile was not set correctly for Outlook to use.

    Perhaps you can provide screenshots of what the default profile is set to and the email / data file tabs associated with that profile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:31:14+00:00

    Hoping this helps in some way

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:37:01+00:00

    Sorry this is the error message when I try and load old outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:41:54+00:00

    What exactly is full data file name of the OST file for that email account. Specifically curious about the part that follows " No" which looks like a strange file name. Have configured a number of Outlook.com accounts and never seen a file name like that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T23:40:02+00:00

    Hello

    This is referring to the new Profile name. I clicked on open location in the data files and it took me to ******@outlook.com - myname-New.ost. File date and file time approx align to when I tried to open Outlook old after I has set ea new profile as the default.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments