Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Following step a) in your reply, I was able to add an email account via Control Panel BUT Outlook won't open. I checked a profile exists.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
#1 - Assuming that you created a NEW Outlook profile, have you confirmed that you set the new profile as the default the next time Outlook was opened as described in step (d) in those instructions?
#2 - How (POP, IMAP, Exchange_ is this account configured in the new profile?
#3 - Did you do anything other than configure the email account?
Hello again
Note-I have erased personal info in the pics below. They ere entered as required.
I tried to create a new profile 1st
This took me to account set up
IMAP settings used plus error message
New profile could NOT be set up.
So did nothing other than tried setting up a new profile to add a new account.........
Thanks
If you are configurig an Outlook.cm account, may I ask why you are trying to
a) set it up manuallu instead of just entering the email address / password for the accoimt? b( trying to set it up as an IMAP account?
Hello
Sorry for the confusion. I did try BOTH "Email account" and "manual setup or additional server types" for this outlook.com email account automatically BUT
neither worked.
Adding using the email type, at least added the email account successfully.
However BOTH returned the following error message. In the automatic setup, I could add the outlook.com account AND could add a new default profile. In the manual effort, I couldn't add the email account AND couldn't add the new profile.
Thanks