New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T20:19:45+00:00

    If you are getting the same error after BOTH successfully configuring a new Outlook profile AND not being able to create the profile (when trying the manual setup), it is almost certain that you are starting Outlook using the same profile in both cases which means that the default profile was not set correctly for Outlook to use.

    Perhaps you can provide screenshots of what the default profile is set to and the email / data file tabs associated with that profile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T20:05:33+00:00

    Hello

    Sorry for the confusion. I did try BOTH "Email account" and "manual setup or additional server types" for this outlook.com email account automatically BUT

    neither worked.

    Adding using the email type, at least added the email account successfully.

    However BOTH returned the following error message. In the automatic setup, I could add the outlook.com account AND could add a new default profile. In the manual effort, I couldn't add the email account AND couldn't add the new profile.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T00:45:29+00:00

    If you are configurig an Outlook.cm account, may I ask why you are trying to

    a) set it up manuallu instead of just entering the email address / password for the accoimt? b( trying to set it up as an IMAP account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T00:20:21+00:00

    Hello again

    Note-I have erased personal info in the pics below. They ere entered as required.

    I tried to create a new profile 1st

    This took me to account set up

    IMAP settings used plus error message

    New profile could NOT be set up.

    So did nothing other than tried setting up a new profile to add a new account.........

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-03T21:09:34+00:00

    #1 - Assuming that you created a NEW Outlook profile, have you confirmed that you set the new profile as the default the next time Outlook was opened as described in step (d) in those instructions?

    #2 - How (POP, IMAP, Exchange_ is this account configured in the new profile?

    #3 - Did you do anything other than configure the email account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments