New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T23:55:26+00:00

    Just to cover all bases

    #1 - To confirm this again, you can log into this account via the following link using a browser and the same email address used to create the profile - correct? (Am assuming the answer to this is: Yes - just want to be sure

    https://account.live.com/Activity

    #2 - When you check the Inbox when accessing this mailbox, do you see the Outlook test message given that you were successfully able to create a new profile?

    *** the fact that you were able to create the new profile means that the Exchange server was successfully accessed to get the account configuration info.

    If this were my system, what I would do is the following

    #1 - Rename (or delete) the OST file created by this new profile. That will result in Outlook creating a new OST file the next time it's opened

    #3 - Reboot the system just to start off cleanly

    #4 - Do a full online repair of Office (this is effectively an uninstall and reinstall of Office)

    #5 - Reboot the system again just as a precaution

    #6 - Start Outlook with the new Outlook profile and see if the error remains

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T23:40:02+00:00

    Hello

    This is referring to the new Profile name. I clicked on open location in the data files and it took me to ******@outlook.com - myname-New.ost. File date and file time approx align to when I tried to open Outlook old after I has set ea new profile as the default.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:41:54+00:00

    What exactly is full data file name of the OST file for that email account. Specifically curious about the part that follows " No" which looks like a strange file name. Have configured a number of Outlook.com accounts and never seen a file name like that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:37:01+00:00

    Sorry this is the error message when I try and load old outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T21:31:14+00:00

    Hoping this helps in some way

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments