New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T18:33:14+00:00

    Sorry for delay in responding

    1. Windows is up to date as is Microsoft office
    2. Can't even get into Outlook (new). It's looking for a password from Google - never had this before !

    have checked I have no malware, virus - nothing in full scans

    Time to do a full computer refresh as it sounds like the problem is everywhere.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T06:51:26+00:00

    Two last things to check

    #1 - Is Office up-to-date #2 - Is Windows up-to-date

    While you are at it - can you configure this account in either Windows Mail or the "new Outlook"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T06:18:54+00:00

    Can't fault your effort. Thanks

    1. Anti virus Add-ins - do not recall ever using one explicitly for Outlook
    2. No - 2 factor authentication is not turned on

    Thanks for trying...... It's got my friends and I stumped also. You had a lot more ideas than we could come up with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T04:29:56+00:00

    not going to lie - at this point, am grasping at straws here

    #1 - Are you using an Outlook anti-virus add-in? If yes, disable it to see if it makes a difference.

    #2 - Do you have 2 factor authentication enables on this account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T04:15:56+00:00

    #1 Using your link, I can see below. account name and IP address erased.

    2 Checking Inbox and Spam, NO test email was received

    #1 Have renamed the .ost file created from the default profile. Note - had to close Word and Excel

    #2 Reboot done

    #3 Have done a ONLINE repair of Microsoft-365

    #4 Reboot done

    #5

    Sadly, still NO Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments