Sadly the updates to Microsoft 365 do NOT seem to be happening automatically and just to add to the fun if I update Microsoft 365 through Outlook Excel does not seem to know and starts downloading the whole thing again if I hit the update button...but Excel reports that I am on Version 2406 build 17726.20160 Click to Run which is the same as Outlook. I have not looked at Word or Powerpoint yet.
I checked on 4 machines I have at home ( 1 runs Windows 10 Pro , the other 3 run Windows 10 Regular). None of the Office installs are getting updated. So it seems that this is not just a one off issue.
The normal "check for updates" all report as being totally up to date...but Office 365 says different...
(oh sorry it is now Microsoft 365 I guess somebody in marketing needed something to do....).
Why am I running Windows 10 and not 11 you may ask?
Simple: $$$$ and time cost.
Two of the 4 machines can not run Windows 11. For example the machine I am typing on is HP ZBook with 24 GB memory, 4 Cores AMD FirePro. 2TB SD, 15 inch screen. It works fine not but it can not run 11. Not cheap to replace it and I don't want to support two different OS releases. So until I am totally forced to go to 11 due to lack of security updates I am sticking with W10. W11 offers ME zero benefits.
"New Outlook" frankly is a joke and a sick one at that. As others have said in "Old Outlook" ( installed desktop) "New Outlook" is being promoted as an upgrade to "Old Outlook" ( else why is the a button in "Old Outlook" to "upgrade" ???) . Note : I have been using "Office" before there was an "Office" back in Windows 3.1 days back in 1992.