New Outlook vs Old Outlook

Anonymous
2023-11-03T02:24:43+00:00

Hi

I see that the previous thread on this topic has been locked. I hope that what I have written below is not considered abuse etc.

  1. Tried to get back to the old outlook. I used the outlook.exe to start "old" outlook. BUT the issue is that I can NO LONGER add accounts even when the account is an outlook account. GMAIL accounts also cannot be added even when I use the server settings from GMAIL. I have tried to manually add and nothing works for these accounts. Functionality that was great has now been dumbed down to a level that reduces it's functionality. Have tried all the security settings and old outlook does not like any of them.
  2. Have tried to add a weblink calendar to Outlook "old" under internet can't be done. Error message is cannot verify or add the calendar in outlook. Please verify the link is a valid calendar link. Was great functionality to add a different work related calendar.
  3. The Old outlook enabled me to save .msg and pst folders to my local directories. I do this so that I can group subjects together. So if I need to review the outlook folder, I can just load the pst file to outlook. This is no longer possible
Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-03T03:21:11+00:00

    Hello LeeMan888

    Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

    It would have been helpful had you included the link to the thread you are referring to get a frame of reference.

    That aside, without knowing anything else, just a few points of clsrification

    #1 - The "new Outlook" does not support POP accounts or PST files

    #2 - The "new Outlook" is not a replacement of the Outlook desktop program (part of Office). It is completely separate and distinct. It IS a replacement of the Windows 10 / 11 Mail / People / Calendar app

    To make sure we are both referring to the same things, I have an article that shows the various things that people refer to as Outlook.

    Basics: Identifying YOUR Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/basics-identifying-your-outlook/10cad812-2a15-4277-8aa3-f53d4388c752

    #3 - In reference to the issues regarding adding accounts, I would suggest treating that separately once there is a clear understanding of which "Outlook" this is all in reference to because right now I find it a tad confusing.

    #4 - Both the Outlook desktop program and the "new Outlook" programs have their own unique icons in the Windows Start menu as shown in the attached screenshot

    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/a8d0ee84-8d9a-4c11-9123-0b68f352c3e4?platform=QnA

    I look forward to your response so we can proceed further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments