Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T07:50:51+00:00

    Yes I was using Outlook 2013. So many problems with Outlook and Microsoft I replaced my email app with eM Client which is superb. No problems and much better than the Outlook app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-20T04:19:25+00:00

    I think I may find out the reason why my Outlook continously asking APP password. This is due to my Outlook version is too old. I have Outook 2013 version, Microsoft stopped support this version since April 2023. Now I have upgraded to Office 365.

    So far, I don't see this problem again.

    Not sure if you are using Outlook 2013 version as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T06:57:50+00:00

    I think I may find out the reason why my Outlook continously asking APP password. This is due to my Outlook version is too old. I have Outook 2013 version, Microsoft stopped support this version since April 2023. Now I have upgraded to Office 365.

    So far, I don't see this problem again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T11:18:53+00:00

    I am having a similar issue pulling emails from my hotmail account over to my gmail inbox. A few months ago the POP3 connection stopped working and getting a new app password fixed it. In the past month it has progressed from failing every few days, to now failing every few hours.

    Alarmed to see that Microsoft support appear to be completely ignoring this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-22T22:24:22+00:00

    Still the same issue. New Outlook always asks for app-specific password and act like a fresh installed copy after closing the app. If I Open another window while having the one opened, it works. After closing all of them, it acts again like a fresh copy. Anyway, it keeps the other (MS Exchange) email account with no problems. Forcing to change from Mail & Calendar app to the "New" Office is a travesty.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments