Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T16:01:24+00:00

    I am on Macbook Air and this has been happening for a couple weeks.

    I think it is intentional on the part of Microsoft as a follow-up to their not allowing us to use the web version as a client for non-MS emails.

    GAMES! They are playing GAMES with us consumers trying to become as messed up as Apple and FORCE PEOPLE TO USE THEIR ****!!!

    YOU ARE DRIVING PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOU!
    WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T04:44:16+00:00

    Having an M365 account doesn't help - I'm having the same issue signed in with my M365 account. Off to a support request I guess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T12:06:00+00:00

    Many months in to moving to Outlook on my PC and as July 2024 starts it is the same dang thing! It is driving me crazy. I have found that by leaving outlook and restarting the app it will start with access to my iCloud mail for a short time before denying access... but then right back to requesting another app-specific password. Aggravating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-15T13:09:36+00:00

    None of the above suggestions work. Every time I restart computer New Oulook asks for a new app-specific password for Apple email. No issues with Google mail.

    None of these suggestions work because they’re generic AI responses.

    I’m having the same issue as you and I refuse to believe Microsoft don't know about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more