Why does New Outlook repeatedly ask for an app-specific password?

Anonymous
2023-10-27T18:37:04+00:00

I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T04:46:10+00:00

    It seems like every day, I have lost all the 8 emails I have set up. This is a real problem. I am looking for another email option. I don't have the 1/2 hour time each day to redo my email accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T22:25:53+00:00

    I wish this was the problem. I use office 365 and the Outlook/iCloud problem is here as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-27T14:28:37+00:00

    I have this issue periodically. This seems to be an issue. This is occuring and ongoing with icloud run through outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T22:26:47+00:00

    I have identical issue.

    I will add that I must delete the icloud account, then create a new one. Notable, is that I can reuse the same application specific password as before and the account is reactivated and restored. For about 30 minutes. Then Outlook drops the account again and the process repeats. ****?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T02:40:16+00:00

    I’m using New Outlook. The first time I used it, it required me to create an app-specific password to access emails in my iCloud account. After I was able to access my emails, I turned off my computer. When I went back next time to access my emails, it told me again that I needed to create an app-specific password, which I did. After using it that way for a while, now it’s asking me a third time to create an app-specific password. Why is it not retaining the app-specific password?

    It is January 31, 2024 and I too have been experiencing this same issue. I have tried all of the trouble shooting suggestions to no avail. Microsoft, please review and correct.

    Same here, I have exactly the same problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments