Cannot delete a contact in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-09-11T06:25:43+00:00

I have a standard bversion of outlook, which I use for hotmail, and am in Windows 10.

There is one email address that I want to remove or at least edit, but although it states it is a contact, it isn't in my contact list and I cannot edit or delete it. I only find it in people when I do a search.

I found the Contact in Google Contacts and permanently deleted it but it keeps popping back up. Any suggestions?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T09:30:39+00:00

    Solved problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T22:27:26+00:00

    I am using the New Outlook from Microsoft 365 and cannot delete any contacts. I want to delete my entire contact list and re-import it. I have 6800 contacts I am trying to manage with poor results.

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T22:51:58+00:00

    To delete contacts follow Falchi Alessandro steps. This will help you deleting group of 10 contacts. Unfortunately to erase all 6800 contacts you will have to do these steps 680 time. Any body have better ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T23:33:33+00:00

    The program WILL NOT ALLOW ANY DELETIONS. Where is the file so I can delete it and re-import. I went on to web outlook, that has a different data base from the past It appears that both dbases must be at Microsoft. Someone there should be able to fix this.

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T01:41:50+00:00

    When I try to delete a single contact on two of my computers, "Something Went Wrong" We are having trouble deleting one or more of your contacts.

    On both of my computers, I did a full removal of Microsoft 365 and re-install on to get the same message. Very frustrating using this program. First order of business is to get this working. I need to delete the complete file in order to reload a clean dBase.

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments